Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Simnel Shenanigans

Deep breath in . . . and hold it . . . and breathe out slowly. There. That was a cleansing breath. A breath to signify the overcoming of the work hurdle that I have been struggling with for the last week and a half, even though it feels like it been a good month since I've manged to be behind my morning address reigns. I've missed you all SO much, here have a great big lift and spin hug, for they are the best kind ((((((SQUEEEEEEEEEEEZE!)))). I still have much to do of course just not quite so much of a muchness that it feels like it's too much! Ooo I've said much to much now and now it sounds weird. Sorry.

Well how the Dickens and his Devil are we? It's been SO long! I trust we all had a lovely Easter breaket? Where we celebrated the protracted suffering and death on the Cross of Jesus and his triumphant resurrection by eating mildly spiced fruit buns and chocolate eggs. No, I've never really understood the logic of that one either.

Still a couple of days added to the weekend is always welcome along with the mildly spiced fruit buns and chocolate. Oh and there's always Simnel Cake as well. Does anyone still make or have a Simnel Cake these days? Maybe that was back in the day when Easter used to feel a bit more like Christmas when it came around. It's true, Easter used to be a much bigger event in my eyes than it seems to be these days. It used to be like having a second Christmas, there would be big films on the telly, and Easter Specials! Then we'd all sit round and have a big Turkey dinner, just like Christmas, and people used to send cards and you'd get eggs from all your rellys. Now it's just seen as just another bank holiday. All be it one where shops can fill there shelves with Easter Eggs for two months beforehand, apart from the ones you are specifically trying to find of course, you'll never find them!

Sorry about that, cynical me just sneaked out for an airing there! I shall put him back in his box for another day. Still it's now Wednesday already, which is weird! It definitely feels more like a Tuesday, which means Friday will seem like a Thursday, so it will be like we're having another Good Friday on Saturday! Fab! Although I'm pretty sure we'll all be doing normal Saturday things, so the whole one day feeling like another may well cancel itself out by the time we get there! Thank goodness, it's exhausting!

Right well, that's enough of my muttering, before I bore you all to tears, when I've only been back for one day! Must let you get on I suppose. Plus I still have all the 'much' to deal with myself! See you tomorrow! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment