Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April showers

PHILOSOPHICAL PHURSDAY: Blimey, I haven't worn my Philosophical trousers for quite some time. I amazed they still fit! Well good morning class . . .*awaits chorus of response* . . . I hope I find you all in a state of bright-eyedness and exhibiting an enormously bushy-tail. Doesn't it look gorgeous out there this morning! In fact it looks SO nice out, I think I might leave it out! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had to say it.) Well it seems Spring has finally found the energy to of sprung, the bright happy daffodils are coming out, the sunshine is making a break for freedom even if there is still a bit of a nip in the air. People are wandering about with more of a smile on their faces, I even saw the first bumble bee of the year yesterday. Ahhh. Of course as I'm writing this a cloud has come over and started raining it's very heavy load. Still we are in April, so we have to take the occasional April shower, thems the rules sadly. Still, as they say "into every day filled with sunshine a little rain still has to fall" 'they' in this case being me of course.

It's true in life too of course. As much as we would like things to be perfect and sunny and happy all of the time, there will always be the odd thundercloud that will rear it's ugly head, skirt overhead and then drench us from head to foot from time to time. These clouds of drenching may even last a lot longer than we would like them to at times too. Although it would be unrealistic to think that we can have constant sunshine in our lives all of the time. In fact I would go as far to say, as it would be wrong if we did. A flower in bloom is a delicate and beautiful thing, but to get there it needed both sunshine and rain to be able to grow to it's full potential. The same applies to us I'm afraid as well.

I'm not saying we should be all doom and gloom and always expect the worse and become lifelong paid up members of the Pessimistic Society. It's always sound advice to try and go through life on the sunny side of the street, just don't let the odd thunder storm cloud your demeanor. ('Cloud' . . do you see what I did there, brilliant!) I just think we must learn to accept the times when we are under that cloud, because like all clouds, no matter how big they are or how long they stay overhead, do pass over us eventually and there will be bright sunshine once again. *looks outside, to see it has just proved my point by being all bright and sunny again!* Which when you find yourself under one of those dark clouds is a great thing to hold on to.

Look after yourselves, and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment