Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sir Rantsalot Strikes Again

Well good morning, good day and happy Wednesday to you. Well according the the really quite lovely Carol Kirkwood on the BBC it's going to be warm and windy today. Which sounds lovely, unless you're describing a packed commuter carriage or a small lift with lots of people in it. Trust me, a lift is never good for that kind of thing, people very much frown upon it! Although, warm and windy kind of makes me think of warm beaches with white sand that's too hot to walk on in bare feet, and the tropical breeze gently blowing through the leaves of the palm trees, creating a gentle whisper which compliments the brushing of the serene tide as it laps against the shore. Sadly what we have instead seems to be mild, very still and a bit grey and damp. Could do better Mrs Kirkwood!! Please see me after class about using the correct adjectives when summing up the weather!

Of course if you are watching the news today, the weather will be the only break you will get in the constant running commentary of Mrs Thatchers funeral! Now you see, again I don't mind the BBC covering it when it happens, that is quite right and how it should be, but do they have to be there at 6:00 in the morning describing what will be happening later in microscopic detail before it actually does? It just seems a little daft to me. Yes by all means mention that it's going to be happening of course, but please don't seemingly dedicate the whole of the news to it!

Sorry about that, rant over. The weather is about right for today though, I think it helps add to the slightly downcast mental state needed for a funeral. I do of course hope it all goes ok and that certain groups of people don't spoil it and turn it into something else. I mean if you're going to attend the funeral by lining the streets, surely you should show an once of decency and respect to her family and not start acting like an arse just so you can be seen on national telly supposedly making a stand for your beliefs. Today should be about showing respect for a lost life and giving comfort to her family and celebrating the life of a great and iconic woman who had the balls to stand up for what she believed in, all be it right or wrong. In a time when women were very much still seen but not heard in the most part.

Sorry, second rant over with! Blimey that's two today! I'm a right little Sir Rantsalot today aren't I. It's just that disrespect is one of my huge niggles I have with the world in general and I try to squash it whenever it pokes it's ugly head in any way shape or form.

Right, must get on. Lots to do, all very busy here. Now where's me coffee? . . . Bum! I've left it in the kitchen area. Well must dash, keep warm, stay safe and look after yourselves the best that you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment