Thursday, May 30, 2013

Be still . . . and welcome in the Friday

Picture this, there's a calm, clear, pale blue cloudless spring sky, the air is fresh but not at all cold. The gentle call of a Cuckoo can be heard in the distance, and quiet birdsong is all around supplying a backing symphony. Aside from that all is still and quiet. Now the camera of the minds eye pans down slowly showing green crested rolling hills in the distance and lush green grass all around and a bumble bee with it's low buzzing is meandering its way across our field of vision to alight on the lilac flower of a thistle. Now gently and quietly at first the soundtrack comes in, Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ode to Joy' from Symphony No. 9 in D minor starts to play by way of a flute before the full orchestration joins in. There's a gentle breeze brushing against your face as the pale spring sun slowly appears and makes it's way lazily over the horizon. The camera pans slowly to the right revealing a whispering steam making it's path through the landscape where a young deer is bowing it's head to take a drink from it's banks. Baby rabbits are hopping their way past it to make an early morning meal of the dandelion leaves that frequent the side of the stream and just beyond them excited lambs playfully cavort around their mother each taking it's turn to dash round around her and leap without care kicking it's legs from the top of a small grassy ridge into the air.

Ahhh, if only all mornings could be like that. Sadly mine has started by once again coming into work at 5:00am. Although there is light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully things will be back on an even keel come Monday. But never mind all that, we still have a wonderful and glorious FRIDAY to achieve! HUZZAH! Yes some of us may well be busy and rushing about today, but the inner excitement of Friday will still be upon us. The little spark of Friday joy will gently nest itself in the pit of our stomach and throughout the day remind us that the weekend it nearly upon us once again.

I am of course planning to get all the Friday goodness I can, out of the day y having as much Friday as possible. There's another benefit in being up and about so early, you get to have even more Friday! I will even be attempting to burn the candle at both ends today, as myself and my number 1 partner in crime, shall be hitting the town this very evening in an effort to get even MORE of the Fridayness feeling and maybe even attempt some embarrassing dance moves! (Anyone who has ever seen me ever properly go for it on the dance floor will know exactly what I mean) What I lack in style I make up for in enthusiasm, the good Lady Tidy always says. So hopefully there shall me merriment and cavorting and plenty of it! Oh and maybe a few games of pool before hand. HUZZAH!

Anyone of course is always welcome to hunt us down and join with our mission of seeking unbridled frivolity should they wish, but please do should you feel the inclination. (I do beg your pardon!! Did you just feel my inclination!! How very dare you!) haha!

Oh I'm sorry, I think I may of lost it already! Not that I've ever really had it of course! Still whatever you do with your, do it with joy and do the joy with gusto I say. See all you blessed little sunbeams of loveliness on Monday! If of course I don't see you before!

No comments:

Post a Comment