Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It really doesn't matter if it's rain or stormy weather . . .

Good mornington and welcome to you on this rather damp and miserable Friday Eve. Yes! It's Friday Eve already! I do LOVE these short weeks after the bank hols. Well I managed to wake up for my second stint at the 5:00am work club. My body even allowed me to go to sleep at a reasonably sensible time last night as well, which is a bonus. I was even in the position of being able to crack on with stuff when I got into work today, hence I'm only writing my morning monologue (eww, 'monologue' there's a nasty sounding word that conjures all kinds of mental pictures . . . eww) sorry I may of put you off your breakie there. Sorry as I was saying, hence I'm only writing my morning . . . ahem . . . monologue now. Still write it I shall as the big lovely printer seems to be quite happy to do things at the moment.

I know, it's grey and dank and drizzly and a bit anti-cyclonic gloom out there, but it's on days like this that I like to cast my mind back to school days and the fun that was a 'wet weather break' I loved wet weather breaks! Sitting in the classroom with all your chums playing games or drawing pictures or combining the two and all generally being rather noisy about it. Of course it was even better on those days when there was full on thunder and lightning! Although there was always one child who was properly scared by it and had spent their time crying and sitting with the teacher. They always felt a bit like the same atmosphere you used to get on the last day of term before Christmas, where everyone would bring in there board games. I always envied the people who had such marvelous games as MB's I Vant to Bite Your Finger or GhostCastle. To me they were the pinnacle of the board based game. At the time all I could muster in the fun game department was 'Mr. Clobber' or Frustration with it's pop-o-matic dice!

Still, what I am trying to say is let's not get all down, depressed and frustrated just because the weather is a bit icky and frankly not what it should be at this time of year. The secret is to just try and associate something a bit gloomy with a good memory that will make you smile. That way, even when it's grey and cold, our smiles beam bright and bold. Ahh I feel better already! Chins up chickens, and all i'll you on The Blessed Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment