Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The BOING! of Spring.

Well would you look at that! It's only gone and turned into Friday Eve already! A lot sooner than expected as well. Well for me at least having been still languishing in birthday land on Monday. Isn't it gorgeous out again today! I might well leave it out! (Sorry I had to say it) Actually despite it's obvious gorgeousness it still is pretty bloomin chilly out there at the moment, so don't be deceived if you're stepping out early this morning, like I was. Something with long-sleeves is definitely required at the moment. Still, if it does carry on with this warm Springyness for a little longer the shorts may have to come out!

There! I've said it! The first talk of shorts this year. Another one of those annual milestones I like to mentally check off. I had another one of those the other day, it was the first garden sighting of a bumble bee. Ahh, such simple things make me smile and feel all at peace with things. Although I am, as yet, still to see this years first garden spotted butterfly. Which isn't a type of butterfly even though it sounds like one. It's just the place where I usually spot it.

It's true though, I think all this Springness does us all the power of good. When the sun is shining and the sky is a clear blue, even when it's still a little chilly, somehow things seem more relaxed. We feel a lot more forgiving of people and it kind of paints a little smile on all of our hearts. It truly is a magnificent time of year. It also tells us that even though it's pretty blooming lovely we still have the hope of a gorgeous Summer to follow. Even if like recently we get very let down with our actual Summer, during the Spring we still have that hope of gorgeous one to come.

So I say try and make the most of the frankly gorgeous bit of Spring we're having at the moment. (Sorry, I've used the word gorgeous too much now and it's starting to sound weird) Get outside and meet people, go and have an evening drink in a beer garden. I promise you, you will feel so good for doing it, there really is something rather nice about sharing company and maybe an ice cold alcoholic beverage with a few people in a sunny beer garden, while putting the world to rights. In fact I feel we should all meet up and do this said thing! (Yes EVEN YOU!).

Most of all, try and remember how you are feeling in those times when you can relax, take a deep breath and just enjoy the laziness of Springtime and hold onto those memories when the clouds do come over and bring a little greyness into our lives. It really does make a whole world of difference.

Well toodle pips dear reader, see you tomorrow. x

No comments:

Post a Comment