Monday, May 6, 2013

The Bank Holiday report!

MORNING!! Ahhh well wasn't that a lovely weekend! That little taste of Summer yesterday was gorgeous wasn't it! Sadly I didn't see much of it myself as me and the ever suffering Mrs T spent the majority of it assembling a large solid wood corner bookshelf for the master bedroom. I must say I am quite pleased with the results, even if during the assembly there was an awful lot of swearing and injuries. It turns out that inserting a cross-head screwdriver through the skin of your left index finger is quite painful.

There was of course the normal cursing of the supplied instructions as well, as they expect you to defy the laws of physics and gravity when assembling said furniture. Plus they tell you quite happily that you only need two people to assemble the furniture. What they neglect to tell you is that these people must have at least four arms each! I even vowed that we shall never again purchase any furniture that needs self-assembly! Still it's now proudly in place and looking quite splendid, even if I do say so myself. It's even left the room with a faint freshly cut wood aroma, which is a rather nice touch.

Still, sore fingers and aching palms from all the screwing (NO! Stop it!) aside, the rest of the day was really quite lovely! Although I did do something else rather reckless, I shaved off the beard in a fit of summer feeling madness. Sadly it now means my face looks weird! Don't get me wrong, I've always known and accepted I have a funny looking face, it's just now there's an awful lot more face on show! Never a good thing as far as my face is concerned! No shall not be posting photos! I shall be hiding in a dark cave with a bag over my head, shouting things like "I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!" until the beard has returned.

Still, never mind, we now find ourselves at the head of a brand new week, all be it a much shorter one for most of us and a really quite gorgeous looking day awaits us once more! (Yes! even though it's a The Tuesday!) Although if you plan to dress less and make more of the sunshine, I would double your efforts today as it looks like this little tastette of Summer will be leaving us for a while after today. So make the most of the here and now and welcome it with open arms. Although do be careful out there, don't want you going silly and ending up looking like a lobster! As the song says: Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of 2013. Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience...I will dispense this advice now.

Right, well that seems to of wrapped things up nicely! See you all tomorrow when of course we shall all compare tan lines! WAHEY! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment