Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Maybe it's a little early?

Good morning to you! Yes I know it is a little early, but needs must! and it would appear clients needs are even greater than my needs to sleep! Still there really is nothing like starting work at 5:00am to get the old blood pumping. Even if my body disagreed with that statement when my alarm went off at silly o'clock this morning. Of course the trouble was, that last night I knew I had a really REALLY early start, so my brain went into worry mode as I laid in bed trying to drift off into slumberland. (that's sleep by the way not the well know bed manufacturers who are based in Huntington, Staffordshire) So as brain was set in worry mode it did what most brains would do and stopped me dropping off. Thankfully I did manage to just about achieve some sleep eventually, although I can't help but feel my brain will more or less shut down at around 3:00 this afternoon. (No! don't say 'well no change there then!' RUDE!)

Now you may ask, 'well if you have SO much to do and are in SO early how come you're not busying yourself with doing stuff rather than sitting on here waffling on about it?!' A good question. Well the truth is that I arrived at 5:00 to discover the printer was happily churning things out already and has still got a few things to do before it finishes it's current churning. You see a colleague of mine, let's call him Dave . . . for that is his name. Was burning the candle at the other end last night and came back around midnight to set the printer going and hope it behaved itself until I got in. Although I think he thought it may of finished churning it's current batch by the time I arrived. Sadly it still hasn't quite, so an extra half hour in bed this morning would of been entirely possible!

Still mustn't grumble, I have my coffee and I don't really mind early starts. Plus I have been told that to make up for the fact of coming in at Stupid O'Clock means that I can leave stupidly early this afternoon too! So Huzzah! Huzzah and thrice Huzzah for me! Right, well, must crack-a-doodle on with things I suppose, once more onto the breach dear friends. (Hmmm wouldn't that be so much nicer if it was 'Once more onto the beach dear friends')

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment