Monday, June 24, 2013

Tuesday is as Tuesday does.

Well, let's just say I'm quite pleased that Monday is out of the way this week. Honestly I was like a bear with a sore head most of the day. Which really wasn't helped yesterday evening, by one of the cats knocking over a full tall glass of Coke Zero which I had only just got myself. You'd be amazed at just how far a pint of Coke can go when knocked over! Seriously, I am pretty horrible when I've got a cob on. Definitely best avoided at all costs.

I'm not even sure what the cause of it was to be honest. I think I must of just got out the wrong side of bed or something. Although I think if I tried to get out the other side of bed The Tremendous Lady T would be slightly annoyed. As I'm not sure waking somebody up by clambering over them, just for the sake of trying to get out of bed the other side would necessarily go down very well. In fact I think it may way have ramifications onto her disposition.

Whatever it was it does seem to of passed thankfully anyway. Who knew I could actually feel better about things when a The Tuesday raised it's little head over the horizon? Mind you even though it's not particularly warm yet, the sun does appear to be making an effort on it's part, which does always help.

Although the day hasn't started brilliantly so far, I have already managed to submerge my hands into a sink full of water mixed with a very large percentage of bleach in it. You see when I got in this morning I saw a note on my desk and I thought to myself, 'that'll be some kind of work instruction that I need to carry out. I'll just go and pop the kettle on first before I look at it'. So I trotted off to the kitchen area of the building to find the fridge pulled away from the wall and a small plastic tray in the sink. Wondering what it was I plunged my hands into the sink to have a look at it. That was the point I smelt the bleach. Anyway, I put the kettle on and went back to read the note which said: 'CARL: I have found the source of the smell! It was a plastic catch tray on the back of the fridge. It's now in the sink in lots of BLEACH. So if you need to empty the sink put gloves on as the bleach is very strong.' Normally this would of called for a 'facepalm' moment, but giving the state of my hands it probably wouldn't of been the best move on my part.

Ahh hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say. Still you live and learn I suppose I guess the moral of the story is don't avoid notes at the office because they may not always be work instructions. Here's hoping the day gets a little better anyway.

See you little munchkins tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment