Thursday, June 20, 2013

A taste of Summer.

YAaaaawwwn . . . oh dear! Morning by the way. Sorry, but I am feeling more than a little tired this morning. I think I may of slept too heavily (yes, yes please do feel free to insert an easy joke about me being to heavy in here.) I think it must of been due to the early rising of yesterday. Whatever the reason was I was still very much deeply in the land of nod when my alarm beeped into life this morning. The trouble with that is of course is that it leaves your brain in an even more confused state than it would even be normally. So I was slowly shuffling about this morning, before I'd had my shower looking remarkably like a confused grumpy zombie. I sounding like one too, with my occasional confused long groan used instead of speech. Mind you I think we all look and act a bit like that when we are awoken from a particularly deep sleep.

Once I was out of the shower, thing were more or less ok thankfully, but that point I had remembered how to walk and speak. (well more or less) As I said, I think it must of been down the earliness of the day before that must of got me. Although I did find a new drink that I really enjoy yesterday too. Which I polished off a whole pack of yesterday evening!

You see, I saw an advert for this drink on the telly the other day and thought, 'well that sounds disgusting!!' then me being me I thought 'I wonder what it's like?' So the dutiful Lady T put some on the shopping order for this week. So yesterday afternoon, when I finished work around three due to the early start I thought I would crack one open and give it a try. As it seemed to me that it might go down very well with a hot sunny day, which yesterday afternoon was a prime example of. I was not wrong.

It's made by Fosters and it's called Fosters Radler. Basically it a mix of Fosters lager and cloudy lemon. I know!! It sounds disgusting doesn't it!! I mean, I'm really not a big fan of Fosters lager at all. I'm not sure many people of our age are to be honest. I believe that Fosters is really only for people aged between 17 and 20, when you are first practicing the art of drinking. It's a lager for cutting your drinking teeth into before you acquire a proper drinking taste. Although I do like lemony things, so I was willing to try it.

All I can tell you is to put aside your discrimination of Fosters lager and give it a try. On a hot sunny day when the Radler has been chilling in the fridge for at least a day, it really is a joyous, totally refreshing wonder of enjoyment on your tastebuds. It's really is very lovely, the only trouble being is that one is really not enough and pretty soon I had polished off the lot. Sorry, I do apologise, this morning's look at life sounds just like an advert! Still, if something is worth crowing about, crow about it I say! (Other refreshing summer drinks are available)

See you tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment