Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Beast is dead!

Twas the year of our Lord twenty thirteen. A week had passed since the Summer Solstice and there was much righteous bellowing and rejoicing throughout the land. Eighteen fattened boar's had been prepared in the castle's kitchens for the feast and a ball had been planned to mark this most glorious of occasions.

For the Job Bag Beast had been vanquished and The Work Monster slain. The word had spread like a wild fire throughout the Kingdom, the populous and his kinfolk were now awaiting the return of their heroic champion for the celebrations to begin in earnest. When their blooded and battle weary warrior would finally be reunited and welcomed back to the bosom of his companions.

Oh yes!! I am now officially the Prince of the Printers. The Emperor of the Epsons. The Viscount of the Vinyl and The Duke of Design. The monolith of the job that has been hanging over me all week is done! I am in fact quite surprised myself that it is finally all over! I'm even more surprised that it's all over this morning! I definitely still expected to be immersed in stressful busyness until close of play today.

Still done it is, so let the the Friday festoons swing from the rafters and the glad tidings of the weekend was over us and become like sweet music to our ears. I literally do feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Huzzah! huzzah! and thrice Huzzah!

So I shall leave all you prepossessing people to revel in your own particular brand of Friday whimsy and shall see you all after the weekend. If not before!

No comments:

Post a Comment