Sunday, June 23, 2013

Monday. The un-Wanted.

Morning world. Yes I'm afraid it's Monday once more. Once more, the jewel encrusted treasure of the weekend has been taken from us by the hideous, vengeful thief of joy and has been replaced with the soiled pouch of disappointment and emptiness.

Once more, we have awoken confused, bleary eyed and with a heavy heart. Knowing that a fresh week has beeb thrust upon us and there is nought that can be done about it. We have no choice, we must face it, no matter our readiness for it.

Sorry about all the doom and gloom this morning, can't be helped. I unfortunately seem to be suffering from the effects of waking up grumpy. (No there's no need to make jokes about disturbing good Lady T from her slumber. I'm talking about me!) Just woke up in a foul mood this morning, I mean don't get me wrong I have the kind of face that normally looks grumpy and confused first thing in the morning, particularly on a Saturday morning for some reason. Where morning confusion doesn't normally leave my system till gone 11:00am. Which is not always a good thing, considering we are normally up the town by about 9:15am on a Saturday.

Still, awoken grumpy I have, nothing I can do about it, so I am sorry about that. Probably best if people avoid me till it goes away. Even on the way into work this morning I slipped into anger at the radio! 'The Wanted' were playing, yes I know this probably is enough to make most people get cross with the audacity of their sheer existence. The thing that annoyed me particularly is their stupid song "Walks like Rihanna" The lyrics to the chorus are "She can't sing, she can't dance, but who cares – she walks like Rihanna.

Now I'm sorry, but has anyone actually made any mental notes on how Rihanna walks?! Now if the song lyric was, "... who cares – she looks like Rihanna" I wouldn't have a problem with it!! She's a very attractive girl! Yes, she's got issues and troubles, but who hasn't! Yes, it's probably true that underneath it all she probably doesn't have a very strong feeling of self worth, but sadly this day and age very few of us do! Sadly though the song doesn't say that it just talks about her walk!! Something that most people, unless it's particularly noteworthy in a unfortunate way, don't really pick up on. I mean yes, some women throughout history like Marylin Monroe and Jane Russell probably had very slinky cat-like walks. Which I suppose could be seen as sexy, but so do a lot of other women. It's not something that differs from one individual to another!

Sorry, the one thing I'm forgetting here, is that a The Wanted song and indeed The Wanted themselves, really aren't important in any way shape or form. And I'm letting it bother me just because I'm in that kind of mood when stuff will bother me and I will get annoyed. Oh dear, I feel sorry for my colleagues this morning.

Once again I apologise for my outlook and cantankerous nature this morning. (Ooo 'cantankerous' there's a good word) I shall of course do my best to snap out of it by tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment