Monday, July 29, 2013

Tuesday confession

Good day and good morning ladles and jelly spoons. I'm afraid it's Tuesday already. I'm also afraid I have something of a confession to make. This morning I very nearly turned to the dark side. After watching the weather last night and looking out of the window this morning I very nearly . . . (pauses for dramatic effect) . . . I very nearly decided to wear trousers. (bites knuckle, to indicate guilt) There! I said it! I know it's a little shocking and I'm not proud to admit it, but I did it none the less. I very nearly decided to put the shorts away for the day and get out me strides. I even ummed and ahhed about taking a waterproof coat with me. Yes! A Coat!!

Admittedly that second idea may not of been a bad one, considering what it's supposed to be like most of the day. In fact thinking about it, shorts and a cagoule might of actually brightened my day slightly, as generally speaking shorts and cagoules remind me of childhood holidays or school trips.

Of course to make the school trip experience complete I would then of had to carry around a clip board all day with bit of paper on that I could draw pictures on and hold someone's hand whenever I was walking. It could of been a lovely day thinking about it.

Maybe at lunchtime I could of sat outside on a wall in the rain with my hood up, with my Tupperware lunchbox balanced on my lap. Trying to eat slightly sweaty cheese and piccalilli sandwiches, some cheap supermarket crisps and maybe a Club biscuit or a Trio or a 5,4,3,2,1 bar. Before washing it all down with some very very weak orange squash from my plastic Snoopy Flask. Ahhh those were the days.

See now I'm wishing I had decided to wear a cagoule and make a substandard lunch which I would purposely not put in the fridge to keep cool, but instead carry around in a rucksack for the day. Either that of course or I could of gone for the family holiday option. But that would mean I instead would have to wear my cagoule and shorts combo in the rain, to go to a zoo perhaps, or stroll along a wet and windy beach, or maybe a stroll around a harbour before nipping into some 'excellent quality' gift shops. I do realize my interpretation of 'excellent quality' isn't the same as most people's when it comes to holiday gift shops. I do love a good bit of tat.

Oh dear, I do waffle when I get going don't I? I am very sorry, I was only mentioning the fact that I nearly decided to bring a waterproof with me to work. Right well I suppose I must let you get on, you probably like me, have a string of very import goals to achieve today.

Toodles! x

No comments:

Post a Comment