Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I can sing a rainbow . . .

Rain! Yes you heard me, actual rain fell from the sky on my little journey into work this morning. Although I also had glorious sunshine, low in the sky behind me as well. So the sun shone on the wet roads and made it look like I was traveling to work upon golden roads. Which of course meant that, in front of me was the biggest brightest rainbow I have seen for a long time, straddling the way ahead. All very lovely and almost poetic I'm sure you'll agree. There really must be a lengthy sermon I could give off the back of it. Don't worry though, I won't.

To be honest it did make you think, 'wow' isn't the world brilliant. Which I guess is why rainbows are there, we all love seeing a good rainbow. Now matter how old we are, we always get a little spark of childhood excitement at seeing one. Sometimes of course we even get to see the most rare 'double rainbow' which is even more exciting. It's a feeling like you had when you were younger, and discovering you've got a 'shiny' in your pack of Panini Stickers, you've just bought from the newsagents. Ah simpler times, as the choruses of "Got, got, got, need, got" echo around the playground.

Sorry, I got a bit lost in sentiment for a bit there. Anyway, yes it rained, but it was lovely, so that's fine. Well I've just polished off my bowl of 'Jordan's Super Berry'. Although, I'm really not sure about it to be honest. It's just a bit too 'berry' for me. In fact, it's 'very berry'. The trouble is the berries in it are just a bit too sharp and not enough sweet for me I think. Yes I know, I'm SO sweet I shouldn't need any more sweet in me. Apparently I do! I suppose the only good thing about it is that is does turn the milk purple as you're eating it, so that is a big tick in it's favour in my book. Although I'm not sure I'd bother buying it again.

Right, well, I have a great big gay truck to finish off, and make look gorgeous so I shall be reaching for the rainbow colours once again.

See you tomorrow, for the blessed Friday! I know! Already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment