Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Stop the ride, I wanna get off.

Good morning and good day to all you wondrous folks, and may I say how perfectly peachy you are all looking at this very moment in time. Yes even you! In fact, especially you! Just don't ever change, you're practically perfect just as you are. Sorry, got a mouthful here, please excuse me while I finish my bowl of Jordans. (Other cereals are available, always read the label and please enjoy cereals responsibly) . . .

There! All done, sorry about that I also had to nip off to leave a note for the milkman as well. Yes we have a milkman here at the office, one that we can leave notes in top of milk bottles for about milk supply, it's all very lovely out here in the rural little business park in which I nestle. We even have a postie who pops in when he brings the letters, just to say good morning. It's all very 1978 here, which of course I do think is lovely.

It is quite easy to slip into nostalgic, backward facing feelings and miss the way things were isn't it? It seems to me life was just a little more meaningful way back when. We seem to live in a world of wanting things, and wanting them instantly at our fingertips. We're so caught up in knowing what's going on around us, and we pour our lives into things like Facebook and Twitter, of which, I am probably one of the most guilty, that we don't ever really see what's really going on around us.

Life just flows around us at such a pace that we never really have time to stop and take it in. Excuse me for sounding like a cheesy advertising line, but it seems to me that we're so busy cataloging and reporting our thoughts, our dreams and our memories, that we don't ever get the real opportunity to make any or do any that really count. Then before we know it, we find that we have left it too late to do anything about it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that there is nothing wrong with stopping and having a bit of backward thinking every now and then, in fact it's probably the best way forward.

Tally ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment