Monday, July 22, 2013

It's a boy!

Sound the fanfare. Unfurl the flags. Unknot the bunting and string it up once again. Mind you I do like any excuse for a bit of bunting. Raise the Union Flag or drape it from an upstairs window. (Course what I want to know is how come the Union Jack is now called the Union Flag! People always going round changing the names of beloved things. Starburst will always be Opal Fruits to me, Snickers will always be Marathon and Ulay will always be Olay). Yes I'm sure you've heard the new Royal baby has been born.

Mind you, they haven't mentioned it once on the BBC news! Because they have done nothing but mention it. In fact I think today you can pretty much write off hearing any news as it will all be Royal baby. Mind you it's funny how after weeks of sunshine, just after he was born it started with thunder and lightning, I hope they don't decide to call him Damien.

So that will be the next topic of speculation, the name. I admit I was wrong in thinking it was going to be a girl. So my name suggestion is pretty much out of the window. Mind you, Alice probably wouldn't be such a great name for a boy. Unless you wanted to try the Johnny Cash style of upbringing. The wonderful Lady T reckons the best bet for a name is probably going to be James. To be honest I would have to agree with her, it just seems right for some reason. Although it will still be a bit weird naming your son after Uncle Harry's father. Heeheehee.

Still, no doubt the Royal baby news will continue to rumble on throughout the week, much like the thunder clouds that seem to accompany him. Not that we've had any flashes or bangs yet in Burgess Hill. Although it is looking a bit threatening out there.

Right, well got to go. Things to do, creations to create masterpieces to master and all that sort of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment