Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sing up now!

Good day to you, I trust you survived Monday relatively unscathed? See! It was over before we knew it and now we've only got a four day week to cope with. That sounds much better doesn't it? Well here we are "To You Stay" or The Tuesday if you prefer. I thought that it might sound a lot nicer if I just referred to it as "To You Stay" which I think you'll find it does.

Sorry, I'm having trouble here, trying to type while scooping through my hearty bowl of Ready Brek. Not easy, I can tell you. In fact you really can't do both things at the same time. Just give me a minute will you? . . . . .There, that's better, all done. Nom nom nom. I do like a good hot bowl of porridge. There's something rather nostalgic and comforting about it. Plus of course you can pretend it's gruel and you just received you bowl after asking "Please Sir, can I have some more?" Which is good, because then you can launch into the song "Food, Glorious Food" "Hot sausage and mustard!, While we're in the mood – Cold jelly and custard!, Pease pudding and saveloys!". Sorry, couldn't resist. That's a good musical that, although I do prefer My Fair Lady myself. Hmmm perhaps I should of kept that kind of information to myself.

See I feel quite pumped up and eager to carry now I've had a good sing song. Hold on! Maybe that's the answer!? The way to beat a The Tuesday. Start the day by belting out a tune of your choice, but one that leaves you with a smile. So don't go choosing "All by Myself" or "Against All Odds" I think that would make the situation far far worse. Something that would get you up on the dance floor or a song that makes you smile.

You see, all those years we sat crossed legged in Assembly belting out such songs as 'All things Bright and Beautiful', 'If I had a Hammer' and the classic 'We mustn't forget'. They were just getting us to have a good old sing song so we were pumped up and ready for they day. I'm sure there is bound to be some science behind it.

So get yourself up have a nice big stretch! Take a deep breath in and stick on some music you can sing along to, I guarantee you will feel 10 times better going into the rest of the day than you would of done without it. Now go ahead and actually enjoy your "To you stay".

P.S. What song did you choose by the way? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment