Thursday, March 21, 2013

Can I go back to Bed?

Oh dear, oh dear, sorry about this, but I had a rubbish nights sleep last night and so I'm feeling all unnecessary this morning. I am literally all dither. Not even having a great big sing song in the car on the way here helped the slightest. Mind you, the only song playing on my short journey that I managed to catch the whole of was Temptation by Heaven 17. Which I have to be honest is not that easy to sing all the elements yourself, ("Lead us not into Temp-ta-tion-AWWWWW") See! It just goes all over the place! In fact, I think I might of hurt my throat as well, trying to get the high bits. See feeling totally pathetic.

I just had one of those nights when you go through you're normal bedtime routine before our head hits the pillow, whatever it may be. We all have one, so don't deny it. Anyway, I did all that and then just failed massively at the sleeping part. I even had to do the thing where you go back downstairs to fix yourself a hot milky drink, because obviously that helps. I did drift off eventually but it was at least 2 and a half hours later than I would normally be asleep. So when the alarm went off this morning my brain was so confused it couldn't even remember how to turn the alarm off straight away. Still, the day carries on anyway, it waits for no man as they say. Although it would be nice in such circumstances it did pause for the amount of sleep time you missed so you could catch up with yourself wouldn't it.

So what happening today? Well we've got the left overs of The Budget to sit through if you go anywhere near a news programme today. They seem to want to talk about nothing else the day after the boredom of Budget Day. They'll have various people coming in all saying something completely different about how it's going to effect us all, just so we're even more confused than we were to start with.

Also we've got a new Arch Bish being enthroned today. Justin BeiberWelbyTimberlake I believe he's called or something like that. 'Enthroned' ay, sounds very impressive doesn't it, although it could also sound like your having a day spent on the loo, just like the Queen did earlier on this year.(Begging your pardon mam) Mind you a didn't see any white puffs of smoke to signify his appointment did you? Shame really, I do enjoy a good Conclave as you know. Perhaps we could of done something different. Like getting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to belt out "Jerusalem" while the Red Arrows fly over St Pauls billowing plumes of red and white smoke, as he's the head of the Church of England. Ooo 'plumes' that's a lovely word isn't it! 'Plumes' Sorry said it too much now, it sounds weird. 'Plumes'. Sorry.

Right, well I really must face the day, as unready for it as I may be. Just soldier on, and shuffle about until the coffee kicks in I suppose. Still it is Friday Eve which is something to be celebrated. Really hoping your day has started more bright eyed and bushy tailed than mine has. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment