Monday, August 12, 2013

Would you like to swing on a star?

Y-Y-Y-Y-YAAAAAWWWWwwwwn mornin! Not sure if it's just me, but it feels very sleepy out there today. It was especially hard this morning trying to persuade my carcass to remove itself from my bed. I definitely had the lead legs and eyelids syndrome when I woke up. Still I suppose that's what happens if you go to a pub on a school night. Never sure that's a great idea to be honest, still it had to be done and the world has been put to rights now, so all is well.

Then on the way home, and once I got home, I did spend some time with my neck bent backwards and facing the sky watching all the shooting stars. I thought I was probably too late to see any, but I did see quite a few. They're like God's little fireworks, you can't help yourself but go "Oooo" when you see one, unless you're watching them with someone, when the conversation goes a little something like this:

"There's one!"
"Where?"
"Over there!"
"Where?"
"Well, it's gone now hasn't it!"
"Oh"

This conversation will then go round on a loop repeating itself, until one of the party will say "I'm bored now, and my neck hurts. Let's go in, it's cold"

Still, there is still something slightly magical about seeing them race across the starry night sky at around 26 miles per second, in case you were wondering fact fans.

Thankfully no 'Giant Boris' (what I call, unwanted mahoosive spiders) in the works kitchen sink this morning, I purposely left some water in it over night, which apparently stops them from getting trapped in there and scaring the crap out of unsuspecting people the following morning. (Yes I looked up how to stop them appearing in your sink)

Ooo would you look at that, it's Tuesday, which means thanks to my fastly approaching holiday, I now don't have to work another Monday until September! How marvelous! Right, well now my coffee has finally kicked in, I best get going and start doing something with it I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment