Thursday, August 1, 2013

Squeeze out every drop of sunshine

Well make the most of it, looks like today could be one of the last days of proper hot sunny summer. So, dress less and aim to impress! (Look at me going all Gok Wan!) Seriously though, look at it out there it's flippin gorgeous! Speaking for myself of course, despite all the greyness and rain we've been having recently, I have just flatly refused to give up wearing me shorts so far. For me, the summer is only really over when I begrudgingly have to put the shorts away.

So if you're able to, slap on some sun cream, or get a friend to do it for you and go and rot in the garden on a lounger and demand cold drinks with umbrellas and straws be brought to you at regular intervals. However, if like me you still have to go do that four letter 'work' word. Don't worry, you can still sneak outside as often as you think you can get away with, for a brief frolic in the sunshine. They don't have locks and bars keeping you inside. Just grab a piece of paper and walk purposely like it's very important straight out the front door. Just nip round the back of the building and fling your arms to the sky in adoration of the sunshine. Or just find a patch of grass and simply bask in it's gorgeousness for five minutes or so.

Whatever you do though, just don't waste it, because today may well be one of those days we look back on in a few months and say to ourselves. "I wish I made more of that sunshine while it was around.

Right, well must get on for a bit I suppose before I nip outside again for a sunshine skip around the car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment