Friday, February 22, 2013

Involuntary Exhaustion

PHEW!! A very weary good morning to you dear status reader. I haven't forgotten it's Friday or 'The Blessed Friday' as I now like to call it, but I honestly at this moment in time I am feeling totally exhausted and my Blessed Friday has only just begun. (. . . to live, White lace and promises, A kiss for luck and we're on our way) Sorry! I just slipped into the Carpenters there, easilly done! (No, don’t say that! Tuh! RUDE!). I feel like I have just spent an hour at the gym doing a full repeated circuit work out. Obviously I haven't, that would be stupid! No, I'm afraid it's all down to my body rebelling at me first thing in the morning! Now you mustn't laugh at this as it's traumatic. (Now you see, with me just saying that you're smiling already! That is a pre-smirk smile! RUDE!) Anyway, let me explain.

The day started ok, I came down stairs, avoiding falling over cats, who insist in waiting outside the bedroom door just for the purpose of trying to trip me up on the dark landing or strairs I'm sure! I then went into the kitchen and grabbed my morning glass of OJ. That's when the trouble started.

I don't know if I drank it too quickly or what caused it, but hiccups happened, great big ones as well, you know the sort! The ones that actually almost feel like they are lifting you from the floor, whist making you make a ridiculous noise. They then carried on happening as I was trying to put my boots on to leave. (Not an easy task to perform with boisterous hiccups I'll have you know!) I managed to put on my coat and clamber into the car and drive to work, all the while accompanied by enormous hiccups! Still! They had been going on for so long now that they were actually tiring and you sort of have to do a little sigh after each one. Honestly to any driver behind me it must of looked like the road ahead was covered with pot holes that I was going over and he was somehow magically avoiding.

Anyway I finally arrived at work after bouncing hiccup style all the way and got out the car. Now at this point I must point out, (too many 'points' there, sorry about that) that we have an alarm system at work that goes off when you open the door and doesn't stop until you swish it with an electronic key. Always stressful as you know you only have two minutes before it automatically calls the police. Anyway I opened the door and attempted to step through it, but because of all the exhausting hiccups I stumbled on the door step, causing me to gasp, which then induced a bout of morning coughing! Never pleasant. Which was ended by me violently multi-sneezing! There must of been at least six or seven in a row, which as we know are totally exhausting when they happen all at once! Then the pressure of all that at the same time caused me to trump so loudly that I sounded like a ship arriving into harbour on a foggy morning!! All the while the alarm was screeching in my ear with me unable to do anything about, being paralysed by bodily funtions! Finally I managed to stumble to the alarm panel tripped on the door mat and waved my electronic key at the reader from the floor at arms reach.

Still on the plus side, after I picked myself up off the floor I discovered that all that did put a stop to the hiccups. Although I do feel utterly spent and a little bit traumatised by the whole episode. I wouldn't mind but I must also point out that this isn't the first time that something similar has happened to me either! I'm supposed to be going out for a night on the tiles of Burgess Hill tonight as well! Do feel free to join me should you find yourself in this neck of the woods by the way. (Nope! I've never understood that saying either! Where is a wood's neck exactly?) Still, here's hoping that I manage to recoup some energy for tonight, and that my day gets hugely better to make up for this mornings shenanigans. Here's also hoping that you day gets off to a much better start than mine too, and long may it continue on this Blessed Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment